The AlloyDB connector from Integrate.io empowers organizations to rapidly consolidate all of their data into AlloyDB—a high-powered, Google Cloud database that is 100% compatible with open-source PostgreSQL.
By serving as an easy-to-set-up, high-speed data pipeline to AlloyDB, Integrate.io helps businesses modernize their legacy proprietary databases by migrating them to open-source, PostgreSQL-compatible systems. In this way, the Integrate.io connector paves the way for businesses to harness the superior transactional and analytical power of a fully-managed Google Cloud database system—along with clear ROIs of a highly available, highly scalable operational database with built-in AI/ML analytics capabilities.
Below, we’ll examine the ROIs of AlloyDB, and how the AlloyDB connector from Integrate.io unlocks those ROIs.
Table of Contents
- Connect your operational data for one source of truth
- Set up AlloyDB data pipelines in minutes
- Overview of AlloyDB and Open-Source PostgreSQL
- How AlloyDB Overcomes PostgreSQL Challenges
- Why Choose Integrate.io for AlloyDB Data Pipelines
- Integrate.io Features and Capabilities
- Integrate.io Has All the Data Integrations You Need
- How Integrate.io Customers Use AlloyDB Data Connectors
- Learn More About AlloyDB and Integrate.io
- Sign Up for a Free Trial of Integrate.io Now
The New Data Warehouse Stack for Tomorrow’s Leaders
Low-code data warehouse tools & hundreds of connectors to unify your data & reporting
Connect your operational data for one source of truth
The Integrate.io AlloyDB data connector offers the following data analytics benefits:
- Reduces data integration costs for SMBs and Enterprises.
- Merges operational and analytical functionality to power real-time product recommendation systems that leverage built-in AI/ML functions. This enables real-time analysis of customer data from multiple systems.
- Builds data pipelines for sales funnel and ecommerce metrics in minutes.
- Conducts preload transformations for data compliance and data security purposes.
- Achieves AI-powered business analytics on a PostgreSQL operational database without moving data to a data warehouse.
Set up AlloyDB data pipelines in minutes
- Leverages no-code/low-code tools that empower non-tech-savvy users to build sophisticated data transformation pipelines in minutes.
- Includes hundreds of high-speed, high-volume data connections for the most popular data warehouses, databases, and applications.
- Provides 15 no-code, point-and-click data transformation components.
- Features a native scripting language with 200+ pre-built functions.
Overview of AlloyDB and Open-Source PostgreSQL
AlloyDB helps businesses implement four leading database modernization strategies that are trending at this time: (1) migrating operational data systems to the cloud; (2) modernizing from proprietary data systems to open-source databases; (3) benefiting from real-time business analytics with hybrid transaction/analytical processing (HTAP); and (4) migrating to an open-source PostgreSQL database system.
- Migrating on-premises operational data systems to the cloud: Organizations are migrating en-mass from on-premises databases to cloud databases. In fact, Gartner estimates that the cloud database migration is so strong at this time that 75% of databases will be running in the cloud by the end of 2022. AlloyDB stands out among cloud databases with its higher scalability, 99.99% availability SLA, and full integration with Google's suite of AI/ML products—which allow it to deliver the best of cloud to its customers. One AlloyDB use case involves migrating on-premises or self-managed PostgreSQL—or other hosted and/or cloud-based databases—to AlloyDB. Watch this simple demo on how to achieve this migration easily with Integrate.io ETL.
- Modernizing from proprietary data systems to open source: Organizations are modernizing their proprietary operational databases to open-source systems like PostgreSQL. Open-source data systems offer distinct advantages in terms of cost savings, and compatibility to work with numerous systems, customization flexibility, and no vendor lock-in. Compared to proprietary data systems, open-source databases are also familiar to a larger number of engineers and developers. This makes it easier to source and retain team members with the necessary skills to innovate and maintain an open-source database.
- Benefiting from real-time business analytics with hybrid transaction/analytical processing (HTAP): Integrating data into AlloyDB empowers organizations to enjoy the full benefits of an HTAP-capable database. HTAP processing relates to an emerging application architecture that bridges the two worlds of (1) transactional/operational processing and (2) analytical data processing. HTAP processing reduces the complexity of managing multiple environments for analytical and operational databases—to achieve real-time business insights and better decision-making—by running queries on the most up-to-date data found in operational databases.
- Migrating to an open-source PostgreSQL database: Businesses and developers choose PostgreSQL for their open-source database migrations for a number of reasons. PostgreSQL offers open-source features like portability, simple license management, and cost-effectiveness. It also includes rich functionality like enterprise features, an extensible architecture, and high scalability. Finally, millions of users have already proved the effectiveness of PostgreSQL for mission-critical applications and it comes with a large, knowledgeable, and friendly support community.
Despite all of these benefits, migrating business-critical applications to open-source systems can be daunting, especially when applications have strict availability and performance requirements. In these cases, AlloyDB excels at providing an open-source compatible option with features and functionality that match the best proprietary databases. Finally, because AlloyDB is a fully-managed, cloud-based database that is 100% compatible with open-source PostgreSQL, the platform offers the ideal combination of features to service the above database trends related to cloud migration, data integration, and HTAP processing. It also provides all of the advantages of an open-source PostgreSQL system.
Get deep industry insights in your inbox once a month
Get exclusive tips and tricks, industry best practices, and insights from thought leaders every month!
How AlloyDB Overcomes PostgreSQL Migration Challenges
For many businesses, migrating to an open-source PostgreSQL database is a challenging proposition. That's because the commercial-grade capabilities of open-source PostgreSQL systems are lagging compared to what is available on most fully-managed, cloud-based, and/or proprietary database systems.
For example, a conventional, on-premises, PostgreSQL database might suffer from limitations related to scaling, availability, management difficulty, lack of real-time operational insights, lack of sophisticated AI/ML capabilities, and high costs related to licensing maintenance, and hardware.
AlloyDB overcomes these challenges by offering a fully-managed cloud-native architecture—that also leverages the immense power and scalability of the Google Cloud ecosystem. Moreover, each AlloyDB customer benefits from an experienced team of Google engineers that builds and manages the system.
Some of the best features and capabilities of AlloyDB include:
- Built-in AI/ML for analytics and system management
- High computational performance for difficult workloads
- High availability, reliability, and security
- Highly-scalable cloud storage capacity
- High-speed analytics on real-time operational data
In summary, AlloyDB is a PostgreSQL-compatible database that brings together the best of PostgreSQL and Google Cloud—and this allows it to manage the most demanding operational and analytical database workloads efficiently and cost-effectively.
Why Choose Integrate.io for AlloyDB Data Pipelines
Integrate.io is a no-code/low-code data integration platform that pipes data from virtually any database or application to AlloyDB. Integrate.io can also pull data out of AlloyDB and serve it to other systems through reverse ETL or API.
As the data bridge to AlloyDB, Integrate.io helps users unlock the power, flexibility, high availability, and affordability of an open source compatible cloud database solution—for both operational transactions and AI/ML business analytics.
Unlike competing data integration platforms—which are usually too expensive and difficult to use for SMBs—Integrate.io is fast and easy to set up, while staying affordable for any size budget. Moreover, the Integrate.io data engine is powerful and scalable enough to service enterprise-level workloads and complex data transformation pipeline use cases.
Through its native AlloyDB connector, Integrate.io can perform any combination of the following actions:
- Extract data from diverse applications, databases, and data sources.
- Transform the data in-pipeline for compliance, compatibility, or readability purposes.
- Load the data into AlloyDB.
- Reverse ETL data out of AlloyDB to operational and other systems.
- Use API Management tools to connect/integrate AlloyDB data with other systems.
Through any combination of these actions, Integrate.io unlocks all of the business ROIs of AlloyDB, such as (1) a cloud-based, operational database that is compatible with PostgreSQL, (2) a powerhouse of business analytics tools with built-in AI/ML functionality, and (3) an affordable open source compatible database with no vendor lock-in.
Finally, as a Google Cloud - AlloyDB partner, Integrate.io has undergone thorough data integration testing and exceeded all of the data integration quality control standards of Google’s engineering team partners. As such, both Integrate.io and PostgreSQL are fully compatible with each other and available to the customers of each solution.
The Integrate.io AlloyDB connector offers the following features:
- Pre-built connectors for the most popular sources/destinations: Integrate.io includes hundreds of prebuilt data connectors that allow users to extract/load data to and from the most popular platforms, databases, and data warehouses—using AlloyDB as either a source or destination.
- REST API connector: When a prebuilt connector does not already exist, the Integrate.io REST API connector allows users to instantly connect with any source/destination that exposes a REST API.
- No-code/low-code user interface: Integrate.io includes an easy-to-use, no-code/low-code interface that empowers non-tech-savvy users to design and build sophisticated data transformation pipelines in minutes without writing any code.
- 15 no-code transformation components: Users can drag and drop transformation components—such as FILTER, JOIN, SELECT, LIMIT, and CLONE—into their data pipelines.
- SQL scripting editor and native scripting language: Integrate.io features a proprietary scripting language that lets users custom-code data transformations for 200+ pre-built functions.
- Data security, encryption, and compliance: Integrate.io ETL functions and pre-load transformations help users adhere to CCPA, GDPR, and HIPAA when integrating data to/from AlloyDB.
- Unlimited user support and a dedicated integration specialist: All Integrate.io subscribers benefit from unlimited, free access to an integration specialist assigned to each customer account. These specialists are available to customers by phone, video conference, or email to help customers achieve their data integration goals.
- Flat-rate billing structure: Integrate.io bills customers with a flat–rate, easy-to-predict, billing schedule. Since monthly bills are based on a flat-rate charge per connector, the charge does not change unless new data connectors are added or removed.
- More features from Integrate.io: In addition to the above, Integrate.io includes real-time monitoring and progress updates for ongoing integration tasks; unlimited scaling; automatic email alerts; and a Salesforce connector that offers two-way, Salesforce-to-Salesforce integrations capable of extracting Salesforce data, transforming/enriching the data, and then loading the data back into Salesforce.
Of all the features above, the most exciting is the fact that Integrate.io empowers non-tech-savvy users without any data integration experience to develop and manage sophisticated data transformation pipelines to and from AlloyDB—in just a few minutes at a price level that any business can afford.
Integrate.io Has the AlloyDB Data Integrations You Need
Integrate.io includes hundreds of prebuilt, drag-and-drop data integrations for data sources, destinations, databases, and data warehouses. Some of the most popular data integrations in the Integrate.io portfolio include:
- Amazon S3
- Google Analytics
- PostgreSQL Database
- Google Adwords
How Integrate.io Customers Use AlloyDB Data Connectors
Leading businesses are currently leveraging the Integrate.io AlloyDB data connector for the following use cases:
- Scheduled and automated updates: Integrate.io allows users to develop data integration workflows that automate uploads and data replication with recurring updates based on a custom timetable. For example, users can design data integration processes that replicate data into AlloyDB.
- Manual full data loading: Users can quickly and easily sync all of their AlloyDB data with data sources for first-time loading or in instances where AlloyDB data becomes desynchronized.
- Real-time AI-Powered business intelligence on operational data: AlloyDB is optimized to achieve compute-heavy business analytics tasks, including powerful built-in AI/ML analytics capabilities. Users can leverage these tools for real-time AI analytics on operational data.
- Compatibility with open-source PostgreSQL operating systems: The AlloyDB connector empowers businesses to consolidate diverse data under a single roof for detailed analysis.
- Pre-load transformations for data compliance: By empowering users to carry out preload transformations for data security and compliance purposes, Integrate.io helps AlloyDB users adhere to all of their local and industry-specific data privacy and security rules.
- Subscription and sales funnel analytics: Users can analyze data to track vital business and performance metrics related to sales funnels, subscriptions, application monitoring, usage statistics, customer behavior analysis, and other KPIs.
- Ecommerce and analytics dashboards: AlloyDB and the Integrate.io connector empower users to create, view, and explore interactive visual dashboards with rich analytics.
Learn More About AlloyDB and Integrate.io
The following articles offer additional information about AlloyDB, Integrate.io, and ELT:
- AlloyDB for PostgreSQL
- Reverse ETL Best Practices
- How ETL Can Help You Succeed as a Big Data Architect
- Operationalize Your Data Warehouse With Reverse ETL
The New Data Warehouse Stack for Tomorrow’s Leaders
Low-code data warehouse tools & hundreds of connectors to unify your data & reporting
Sign Up for a Free Trial of Integrate.io Now
As a Google Cloud Ready - AlloyDB partner, Integrate.io brings powerful data integration tools down to earth, so anyone can develop sophisticated and powerful data transformation pipelines—to and from AlloyDB—regardless of their tech experience. Plus, with unlimited access to a dedicated team of data integration specialists who are always ready to help, Integrate.io users never have to worry about getting stuck while leveraging the platform to develop nuanced data transformation pipelines.
If you'd like to see how Integrate.io can unlock the power of your organizational data in minutes, schedule a call with Integrate.io and enjoy a free trial of the platform now!
Staff Solutions Architect - Data & Analytics at Google