Xplenty uses highly secured certificate-based authentication to connect to your Google Cloud Storage. This article discusses providing Xplenty access to your Google Cloud Storage and then details creating a Google Cloud Storage connection in Xplenty.
To enable Xplenty to read or write to a bucket, grant permissions to Xplenty for the relevant bucket:
- Access your Google Cloud Console.
- Click the project name for which you want to grant Xplenty access.
- In the navigation pane, expand Storage
- If you wish to create a new bucket, click Create bucket. Give it a name and click Create.
- Click on the 3 dots near the desired bucket and select Edit bucket permission.
- In the permissions section, click Add Members. Then add Xplenty Google Cloud username:
to the relevant roles
- To allow Xplenty read-only access to the bucket, select the following roles: Storage Legacy Bucket Reader and: Storage Legacy Object Reader
- To allow Xplenty read and write access to the bucket, select the following roles: Storage Legacy Bucket Writer and: Storage Legacy Object Reader
- Click Save.
To create a Google Cloud Storage connection in Xplenty
- Click the Connections icon (lightning bolt) on the top left menu.
- To create a connection, click New connection.
- Choose Google Cloud Storage.
- Name the connection.
- Enter the Project ID.
- Click Test Connection to make sure the connection details are correct.
- Click Create connection to create the connection.