To gather useful insights from your data, you must integrate all of your data sources. What was once a highly technical and manual process is now simplified through the use of data integration solutions, such as Workato, Zapier, and Integrate.io.
All of these platforms support organizations of different sizes and backgrounds to manage their data sources across cloud computing infrastructure. And each one brings unique strengths to the table. Depending on your business requirements and internal capabilities, it's worth considering each tool's specifications and how it might fit into your current business processes.
Here are the key differences between Workato vs. Zapier vs. Integrate.io:
- The key differences between Workato, Zapier, and Integrato.io revolve around their key features, use, integrations, pricing, and customer support options.
- Zapier is used most frequently by small businesses, whereas Integrate.io and Workato offer more features for midmarket and enterprise users.
- Of the three, Integrate.io has the most varied and highly rated customer support options.
- Both Integrate.io and Zapier have free versions or features, while Workato does not appear to have free tiers or products.
- Integrate.io is often the tool of choice for its straightforward tooling, simple pricing options, and 24/7 support.
In this article, we'll compare Workato, Zapier, and Integrate.io in terms of their key features, integrations, pricing models, customer service options, and scalability. We'll explore each platform's core strengths and weaknesses, as well as its differentiators in the market.
Table of Contents
- What Is Workato?
- What Is Zapier?
- What Is Integrate.io?
- Comparison Overview
- Workato vs. Zapier vs. Integrate.io: Key Features
- Workato vs. Zapier vs. Integrate.io: Which Is Best for You?
What Is Workato?
Rating: 4.7/5 (G2)
Workato is an iPaaS solution that offers advanced data integration capabilities, API management features, and intelligent automation for different business workflows and applications. While the tool can be used to support various business workflow integrations, its features are best suited for IT, marketing and sales, HR, finance, support, and product use cases.
Compared to its competitors, Workato is often considered one of the more robust solutions for midmarket and enterprise data integration requirements.
What Is Zapier?
Rating: 4.5/5 (G2)
Zapier is an automation and integration platform that fits all business sizes and technical skill levels. Its native integration library includes several thousand "zaps" for automating workflows and connecting business and operational tools.
While Zapier is one of the simplest iPaaS options with only limited functionality in some areas, it's quickly expanding its capabilities, including AI. For example, users are now able to create custom AI chatbots, set up zaps with plain-language descriptions, and integrate generative AI tools into their workflows.
What Is Integrate.io?
Rating: 4.3/5 (G2)
Integrate.io is a leading data integration solution that emphasizes a user-friendly customer experience at all points in the data integration and automation lifecycle. Its core features focus on ETL and reverse ETL, ELT, CDC, and data observability.
This platform is easy to deploy and includes straightforward, low-code/no-code tools to set up connectors and data transformations. Integrate.io also offers 24/7 customer support and diverse support avenues to meet different needs and expectations.
Workato vs. Zapier vs. Integrate.io: Key Features
Workato, Zapier, and Integrate.io all support data integration at scale for different business applications and use cases, but each solution presents a slightly different feature set for its users. The following are the key features you should know about in each tool.
- Cloud-native architecture with unified business process automation and integration
- 400,000+ pre-built integration recipes
- Low-code/no-code capabilities
- Embedded AI and integrations for user products
- Network of technology partners and system integrators
- Single and multi-step zap connections
- Filters and format tool
- No-code editor for automation across more than 6,000 apps
- Custom logic path building and data retention
- Tables, interfaces, and AI chatbot in beta
- No-code, drag-and-drop ETL and reverse ETL interface
- Hundreds of ELT and CDC data connectors, with specialization in apps like Salesforce
- Data observability monitoring and alerts
- Low-code data aggregation
- Auto-schema mapping
Through a combination of native connectors and flexible tools that allow users to create custom integrations, each of these platforms offers extensive connectivity opportunities to its users.
Workato's connector library includes more than 1,200 pre-built connectors for apps in these categories: sales and marketing, product and project management, customer service, HR, finance and accounting, DevOps and IT, productivity, AI and machine learning, operations, collaboration, and cybersecurity.
Its low-code/no-code approach to integrations supports users as they set up the triggers and actions that make the most sense for their business process workflows. For users who need more customization or flexibility for their integrations, Workato offers universal connectors.
Zapier has one of the most robust native app integration libraries in this market, with over 6,000 integration options available. Users can select apps from these main use case categories: artificial intelligence, business intelligence, commerce, communication, content and files, HR, IoT, IT operations, lifestyle and entertainment, marketing productivity, sales and CRM, support, and website and app building.
In a similar fashion to Workato, Zapier provides users with a low-code/no-code interface to set up triggers and actions with simple if/then logic and rules. These custom automations are called zaps and can be set up with one or multiple integrated tools.
Integrate.io's connector library includes integrations for hundreds of small business, midmarket, and enterprise tools that users may want to connect with a low-code/no-code process. These include both popular and rarer business applications.
The categories covered in the Integrate.io integration library include databases, cloud storage and services, analytics, advertising, logging, and BI tools.
The most popular connector options from Integrate.io are Snowflake, Salesforce, Netsuite, RestAPI, Amazon Redshift, Shopify, BigCommerce, Gorgias, HubSpot, and Klaviyo. Users also have the option to suggest a new connector if one does not exist for their current requirements.
Customer support resources and availability are crucial to iPaaS users, especially if they're working on new or particularly complex data management, integration, and automation projects. Take a look at how each of these vendors handles customer support.
Most customer support resources from Workato are self-serve. The Automation Institute includes online courses, documentation, and community forums that give readers detailed guides on how to fix their problems. Most other issues are solved through customer support tickets.
Zapier support is primarily provided through the Help Center and community-driven answers in the Zapier Community. However, users can also access guided tutorials through Zapier Learn, a 24/7 virtual assistant, and more advanced support features at an additional cost.
Integrate.io sets itself apart by offering 24/7 email, phone, and chat support to all users, as well as 30 days of tailored onboarding support. It also offers many agent-driven support solutions, so users can feel confident that they're getting answers from true system experts.
All three vendors offer tiered pricing options to help users get the best fit for their data integration and management needs.
Workato does not transparently discuss its product costs. However, it does explain its model as one that starts with a foundational workspace upon which users can add as many "recipes" as they want. Prospective buyers will need to contact Workato directly for pricing information.
Zapier is available in five plan options:
- Free: $0 for 100 tasks per month.
- Starter: $19.99/month for 750 tasks/month, billed annually.
- Professional: $49/ month for 2,000/month, billed annually.
- Team: $69/month for 2,000/month plus additional features, billed annually.
- Company: Contact sales for pricing information.
Integrate.io pricing is based on which solutions you select, as pricing follows an a la carte model. To start, enjoy our 14-day free trial before moving into a paid solution. Though prices will look different if you have more extensive requirements, these are the starting prices for each of Integrate.io's main solutions:
- ETL & Reverse ETL: $15,000 per year and $2,000 per year per additional connector.
- ELT & CDC: $159 per month, billed annually, with an overage of $49 per million rows.
- API Generation: $18,000 for the base product, which includes database API generation and management.
- Data Observability: Free forever.
- DWH Insights: Free Essentials plan.
Data Integration Tools in Action
How do businesses use these tools? Let's take a look at various use cases for each platform.
- Slack: No-touch order processing and improved data governance.
- Autodesk: Setting up Workato as a baseline framework for an internal data integration platform.
- Broadcom: Automations across a large business portfolio, primarily to prepare for M&A activity and IT provisioning.
- Calendly: Centralized customer messages and communications with automatic routing to prevent over-ticketing and improve response times.
- Veo: Sales lead data is automatically connected from social channels to the company's CRM for improved response times and follow-ups.
- Zendesk: For a Zendesk podcast, guests on the show are automatically sent follow-up referral forms to help Zendesk grow its audience and potential interviewee options.
- Fiverr: Standardizes data schema and integrates millions of semi-structured and unstructured data rows from multiple data sources.
- Adpeak: Massive amounts of audience and customer data and metadata are processed and prepared for concise business and ad insights.
- Bexio: Back-office data integration and setup for Intercom and Salesforce.
Workato vs. Zapier vs. Integrate.io: Which Is Best for You?
Each of these solutions offers features like low-code/no-code usability and deep integration libraries, but the tools differentiate themselves with different approaches and capabilities in the areas of pricing, customer support, and market focus.
Integrate.io bridges the gap that usually exists between affordable and easy-to-use tools like Zapier and complex but expensive tools like Workato, offering a la carte pricing options, straightforward tooling, and diverse customer support resources that are accessible 24/7.
Build Data Pipelines With Ease With Integrate.io
Integrate.io is a high-quality data integration solution that keeps up with its competitors in core offerings while managing to offer unique differentiators for important factors like cost and ease of use. Learn how Integrate.io can support you in building data pipelines by trying it out for yourself with a 14-day free trial or book a demo with one of our experts to discuss a more personalized integration strategy today!
How Do Data Integration Tools Work?
Data integration tools work by transforming data from disparate sources and in different formats into a cohesive dataset that can be viewed, analyzed, and utilized from a single source of truth. Data integration tools use processes like ETL, data mapping, data cleansing, and data preparation to make sure all data is easy to understand and actionable.
What Are the Key Differences Between Workato, Zapier, & Integrate.io?
These are the key differences between Workato, Zapier, and Integrate.io:
- While all three have many native connectors and integrations, Zapier offers more than 6,000 to its users.
- Integrate.io and Zapier have more affordable solutions available than Workato and are also better suited for small-business and midmarket users.
- Integrate.io is not only easy to use but also has stronger customer support availability than its competitors.