What can you do with data collected on Heroku PostgreSQL? How will you analyze it and integrate it? With Integrate.io, of course! Integrate.io lets you connect to a PostgreSQL database on Heroku, design a Dataflow via an intuitive user interface, aggregate the data, and even save it back to PostgreSQL on Heroku or other databases and cloud storage services.
Read more: Heroku Data Transfer with Integrate.io
Integrate.io's native integration for Heroku PostgreSQL Data Integration makes it easy to move data to and from this powerful database-as-a-service. And it requires no code. Schedule a demo.
Table of Contents
- Heroku PostgreSQL Data Integration with Integrate.io
- Integrate.io and Heroku PostgreSQL Data Integration Instructions
- How Integrate.io Helps Heroku PostgreSQL Data Integration
Heroku PostgreSQL Data Integration with Integrate.io
Set Up Heroku for Data Integration
- Login to Heroku or sign up for free if you don’t have an account yet.
- Go to ‘Databases’ and open the relevant database. If you don’t have a database yet, you can create one for free with the dev plan (bottom screen when creating a new DB).
- After opening the relevant database, look at ‘Connection Settings’ and note down the host, database, user, port, and password.
Integrate.io optimizes data integration to and from Heroku PostgreSQL. Its native connector serves as a source and a destination for data transfer, making it a valuable addition to your tech stack. Discover Integrate.io or schedule a demo now.
Integrate.io and Heroku PostgreSQL Data Integration Instructions
- Login to your Integrate.io account or create one for free.
- Click the user image at the top right and choose ‘Account Settings.'
- Click the ‘Connections’ menu on the left, ‘New Database Connection’, and choose ‘Heroku Postgres’.
- Fill in all the Heroku PostgreSQL connection details as noted down in the previous section.
- Click the ‘test connection’ button to make sure that the database integration works. If it fails, then one of the connection details is incorrect. Go back to Heroku and re-check all the PostgreSQL database details.
- Click ‘Create Heroku Postgres Connection’.
- To define your new Dataflow, create a new Integrate.io package via ‘My Packages’ - ‘New Package’.
- Click the ‘New Source’ button at the top and choose ‘Database’
- Click the component that was just added - the ‘database source’ dialog should appear. Choose the Heroku PostgreSQL connection in the ‘database connection’ drop-down and enter the following info (also see database source help):
- Source table - relevant DB table name
- Split by column - primary key column which you should use to split the import workload over several tasks/connections, e.g. ‘id’
- Max connections - number of tasks/connections which you will use to import the data, e.g. 4
- WHERE clause (optional) - WHERE clause to run to limit imported data, e.g. prodcategory = 1 AND prodcolor = 'red'
- Null string (optional) - string to replace null values in char columns. This value won't replace nulls in numeric columns.
- Click the green auto-detect schema button on the right (the circling arrows) to fill the schema automatically. You can also fill or edit it manually.
- Click ‘okay’ to close the component.
- Add components back to the package screen to process the data as necessary.
- To save the processed data back to a Heroku PostgreSQL database, add a database destination component. Note that you can also store the dataflow output to MongoDB, delimited files, or integrate with other services using the relevant destination component.
- Click the destination component. Choose the relevant connection (probably a different one than the source connection) and enter the target table.
- All done! Setup a cluster to run the job. Please refer to the documentation for many more Integrate.io features available for easy data integration.
Read more: Top 7 Integrate.io Features
How Integrate.io Helps Heroku PostgreSQL Data Integration
Integrating data to and from the Heroku Postgres database can be a challenge, especially if you lack SQL or other coding skills. There's a solution. Integrate.io is a no-code and low-code ETL platform that lets you integrate your data between Postgres and:
- A data warehouse like Redshift, BigQuery, or Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
- A relational database, CRM, or another database like MySQL.
- Another Heroku application like Heroku Connect.
- Other data sources like GitHub, AWS, and Salesforce.
Integrate.io's Postgres connection serves as a destination and source for Heroku Postgres data. So you can extract data from various sources, transform and configure the data for real-time data analytics, and then load it to a destination of your choice. (Integrate.io automates the entire process.) Once you have moved data to your final destination, use it to generate accurate business insights for decision-making, performance, and profitability.
Alternatively, use the add-on to move data to Postgres. Again, Integrate.io automates the whole process.
With flexible pricing, automation, and customization, Integrate.io is the easiest data integration tool for PostgreSQL.
Integrate.io is the no-code, no-deployment, no-hassle solution for Heroku PostgreSQL data integration. Move data to and from PostgreSQL in a few clicks. Learn more about Integrate.io's native Heroku Postgres connector or schedule a demo.