Data, data, everywhere. You know your organization collects tons of big data about customers, but it's probably stuck in places you and the rest of your marketing team can't access, which sucks. Gone are the days when you could use this excuse or make decisions based on a hunch. The responsibilities of marketing teams are becoming increasingly technical, and you need to collect and analyze data without relying heavily on a dedicated operations manager. While that sounds daunting, tools like Integrate.io, which simplify marketing and have a low learning curve, are ideal fits for the entire marketing department.
Leveraging data is more critical than ever. With the recent shift from a one-size-fits-all message to highly personalized campaigns, not optimizing your data is no longer an option. Customers demand more attention, and they want to know you are listening. If they feel you are just sending them cookie-cutter campaigns, you risk alienating them.
Still don't believe it?
Take a look at these stats:
- 60% of consumers expect companies to understand their specific needs.
- 80% of consumers are more likely to purchase a product from a brand that provides a personalized experience.
- 70% of consumers say how well a brand understands their individual needs influences their loyalty to that brand.
(Source: Startup Bonsai, 2021)
The bottom line: If you want your business to outrank your rivals in 2021 and beyond, you need to use data to deliver personalized messages that resonate with your customers.
Learn more about how you can leverage data to create personalized campaigns and, more importantly, how to use data to increase ROI.
Enjoying This Article?
Receive great content weekly with the Integrate.io Newsletter!
Table of Contents
- Deliver the Right Message at the Right Time
- Learn How to Use Data to Increase ROI When Finding New Customers
- Customer Retention
- The Data Challenge
- How Integrate.io Helps When Using Data to Increase ROI
Integrate your data today and power your next marketing campaign. Schedule an Integrate.io demo now!
Deliver the Right Message at the Right Time
Timing and relevance are the bedrock for any marketing campaign, whether you deliver it via email, social media, an advertising platform, or somewhere else. Most, if not all, companies collect data from multiple channels (the company's website, databases, a CRM system, marketing automation software, social media sites, call center software, etc.). All of this data, when used effectively, will give marketers insights that create more profitable advertising campaigns. For example, if an online shoe store knows that a potential customer has been searching for a pair of hiking boots, the company can show a one-to-one retargeting campaign promoting "Hiking Boots on Sale."
With data more accessible, marketers can judge the effectiveness of content down to an individual Facebook post or Tweet, allowing them to further optimize content based on topics that compel and engage customers.
Here are some more tips:
- Leveraging real-time data from social signals such as likes follows, and tweets can give you much more relevant and valuable data insights into an individual's intent rather than only relying on factors like purchase history or standard demographics. For example, you could identify customers engaging in a Facebook post about the best places to hike and send them an email featuring your most popular hiking products. Instead of sending that email to all customers in your database and ruining the relationship with those not interested in that offer, you can target specific consumers and tailor marketing based on their interests and needs.
- Use real-time data to target customers after a specific event. For example, if you own a clothing store, you can send football fans an email offer for team jerseys after a big televised game. Again, you can use tailored marketing to find prospects most likely to purchase specific products instead of targeting all customers simultaneously.
- Use real-time data to create customer profiles and learn the best days and times to contact customers who match those profiles. For example, you might have higher open rates for emails among millennials during the weekend rather than in the week.
Learn How to Use Data to Increase ROI When Finding New Customers
Finding potential new audiences once involved identifying common factors such as geography, age, or marital status, and assuming that prospects with similar traits had similar interests. However, this generalized marketing approach doesn't account for individual preferences, behaviors, and other factors relevant to decision-making processes. Viewing how your potential audience engages with specific content can lead to a valuable new pool of customers you never knew about.
Here's how you can use data to do that:
- Move customer data stored in disparate computer systems to one central location for analytics.
- The latest business intelligence (BI) and analytics tools provide real-time insights into the preferences, behaviors, and purchasing motivations of customers.
- Create targeted marketing for specific customer groups based on these data insights.
Remember that hiking boots example from earlier? Imagine again you had an online shoe store, and a customer bought a pair of boots from that store a few months ago. You can email similar products to that customer and deliver a personal campaign that offers specific deals based on their previous browsing sessions. This can improve customer retention significantly.
Another way to improve retention is to use data to personalize marketing across all channels. For example, you can use name and date-of-birth information to send birthday emails to previous customers (and include a promo code to encourage a new purchase.) Or use geo-location information for region-specific advertising on third-party websites that previous customers frequently use.
If you adopt this personalized approach, what kind of ROI can you expect? The latest research suggests campaigns leveraging data-driven personalization generate up to an eight-fold investment return. That's impressive!
The Data Challenge
With companies collecting millions of data sets across multiple platforms and tools, marketers face barriers when compiling, processing, and analyzing all that data.
Using the hiking boots example once again, say you wanted to gather both operational and social media data (and maybe data from even more sources) to target millennial hikers. Then say your e-commerce site stored operational (sales) data in an operational store like MySQL and customer data in a CRM such as Salesforce. To make things more complicated, you might have online campaign data in Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, and maybe even in a marketing automation service like HubSpot. To get a complete picture of your campaign, you need to integrate data from all these sources into a single location.
That's where Integrate.io proves invaluable.
Getting vast amounts of data into one place, however, won't always turn a loss into a win. After all, it is just data, and data can only show you trends and validate your hunches. Data will, though help take the guesswork out of the decision-making process, ultimately leading to improved ROI.
How Integrate.io Helps When Using Data to Increase ROI
Enjoying This Article?
Receive great content weekly with the Integrate.io Newsletter!
Each platform that a business uses has reams of marketing data, but that data is not helpful if it stays in a silo. Integrate.io lets you prepare all that data for analytics.
This no-code/low-code data integration solution uses a process called Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) that moves data from one location to another, making it much easier for you to analyze that information.
Here's how Integrate.io works:
- It extracts data from its source. That source could be a relational database, CRM system, ERP system, or something else entirely.
- It cleanses and transforms that data and turns it into the correct format for data analytics. The platform can even make sure data complies with data governance frameworks like GDPR and CCPA.
- It loads that data into a final destination such as a data warehouse or data lake.
Now your information is ready for analytics!
It doesn't matter if you lack data engineering experience or programming skills when using a tool like Integrate.io. The platform comes with an incredible range of pre-built integrations that let you build data pipelines without lots of code.
Here are some other benefits of Integrate.io:
- World-class customer service. You can always contact a data engineer if you need help moving information from one location to another.
- A simple pricing model that charges you for the number of data connectors you use and not the volume of data you consume. This method often works out cheaper.
- Salesforce-to-Salesforce integration.
- Simple workflow creation.
- Enhanced security so you can reduce the likelihood of cybercrime when moving data from one location to another.
- Full adherence to data governance principles so you can avoid expensive fines for non-compliance.
- A RESTful API you can count on.
Read more: Top 7 Integrate.io Features
Want to know how to use data to increase ROI? Integrate.io is the all-in-one data integration solution that helps you generate more value from your marketing campaigns. Schedule a demo now to learn more.