What is Hooks feature
The Hooks feature lets customers receive email alerts for pipeline events of interest. We currently support email, with plans to support Webhooks and other services in the future.
To set up slack integration, please refer to this page.
Hooksends a notification to the service of the corresponding
Hook Typewhen it receives a trigger from one of the attached
- Hook Type
Hook Typerefers to a service that a
Hookuses to notify the customer, such as email or Slack.
- Hook Source
Hook Sourceis an entity within the ELT platform (such as a pipeline or alert) that emits various events which the customer may want to be notified about. A
Hook Sourcecan be attached to multiple
Hooksso that they can begin notifying the customer about the events from the
Create a Hook
- On your dashboard sidebar, go to Settings. Click on Hooks tab then + Create Hook button
- On Create new hook modal, fill the Hook name and select the Email option under the Hook Type from the drop-down list.
- This should unlock the Email list field. Input the list of emails you want to get notifications to. Press Create Hook button.
- Attach the newly created Hook to an existing pipeline.
To set up notifications for a pipeline, follow these steps in the newly opened modal:
a. Select Pipeline in the To drop-down menu.
b. In the With the name drop-down menu, select the pipeline you want to be notified about. You can start typing the name of the pipeline if you have a long list of pipelines.
c. Select the pipeline events you want to be notified about.
d. Click the Attach Hook button.
- That's it! You will now receive notifications for the selected pipeline events. Check your email inbox for the notifications from firstname.lastname@example.org